The Kiss
What is going on here?;
My
heart is about to explode I fear;
It is beating so fast;
I wonder how long this feeling will last?;
She is so pretty;
Even better yet, she is so witty;
Why does she keep touching my arm?;
She is really winning me over with her
charm;
Her brown eyes are so amazing;
Perfect for my constant gazing;
Oh no, she caught me staring!;
I really hope she doesn’t think I'm
overbearing;
Drat! Now she caught me smiling, what do
I do?;
Is it my imagination or is she grinning
too?;
Ugh!
"What are you smiling at"? she just asked;
Oh God...I am so embarrassed, I wish my
face was masked!;
"N...nothing” Why oh why did I say
that?;
I just want to run and hide
somewhere...STAT!;
"Oh...you have to tell me...you have
the prettiest eyelashes I've ever seen";
Wait...what? That has to be the strangest compliment I've
ever heard...course...what do I know...I'm only eighteen;
What the heck, just go for it;
I'm curious as to what she'll say, I have
to admit;
"I'll tell you...for a kiss" I said;
Yikes...look at her face...I'm dead!;
"Hmmmm, OK", was her reply;
Wow!
I guess I'm not about to die!;
I'm so scared;
This is more than I ever dared;
Her perfume smells so good;
Will this get any better? I think it
could;
Her lips!
They taste so sweet;
Thank you God for letting us meet!;
Please don't ever let this end!;
My whole life with this girl I would
spend;
This has to be the greatest kiss ever;
Ha...and I thought I was so clever;
Clearly I'm not as slick as I thought;
Just a friendly date was all I sought;
This girl has just stolen my heart;
Was that her plan from the start?;
That was so many years ago;
In that cute little gazebo;
And when I think back to that night do
you know what I miss?;
The kiss.
This poem has been in my head for...oooooh...20 years now. :)
ReplyDelete