Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Most Beautiful Angel

Its kinda hard to read...so here it is.

I once found the most beautiful angel I'd ever seen;
She was bruised, battered, and had broken wings;
I, ever so gently, held her in my arms;
Told her it was ok, no one else would do her harm;
I kissed away her tears;
Tried to ease her fears;
And over time, she began to look at me with the most amazingly beautiful green eyes;
I would look at her and pray that her words were not lies;
"Don't do it!" the voice inside my head would yell, "you know what happens when you fall in love"!;
But, how could I not, when she was obviously a gift sent from above?;
My shattered heart was slowly mending;
My life, it would seem, was not ending;
A new beginning? I would ask;
She assured me that she was up for the task;
The beautiful angel, MY Angel, had come into my life;
And now, now would she be my wife?;
What was left of my broken heart was for her;
But sadly, this is where the story begins to blur;
The angel began to say different things;
She no longer wanted my ring;
And even though I tried to convince her to stay;
I knew from her words, there was no way;
"Please, please don't go", I would plead;
She would only look at me and say, "I'm sorry, I'm not your soulmate, I'm not what you need";
I would cry;
She would sigh;
Then I knew it was time;
The angel was no longer mine;
And despite being down this road before;
The pain was more than you can imagine when she finally walked out my door;
And with that, I knew I had lost my queen;
The most beautiful angel I'd ever seen.
-EE






I found this picture on a free computer wallpaper site and thought it would go great with a poem that I wrote a while back.  I'm not sure who made the picture...but its amazing.  If the owner of it wants me to remove it...just let me know and I'll take it down ASAP.



2 comments:

This is SOOOOO me!

 I realized a long time ago that I do not take compliments very well. I am used to people being in a competition or being jealous of what li...